Fall Play Day at the Heart K
Saturday, October 11, 2014, 9:00a-4:00p
There are lots of ways to participate:
- 9a-12:30 Volunteer on the Land: You can help restore the historic granary building or cleanup a natural spring. Check out the video with Nils Lunder below.
- 9a-12:30 Mountain bike ride: Hydro Hillclimb: Enjoy a mountain bike ride led by Genesee resident and outdoor enthusiast Dana Fenimore (all levels).
- 11:30a-12:30 Talk & Tour: Learn about sustainable ag, healthy forests, and Maidu land management
- 12:30-4p No-host Bar with the Brewing Lair of the Lost Sierra
- 1-2p BBQ Lunch ($15 for adults; kids 10 and under free!).
- 2 - 4p Silent Auction, Socializing and 2nd Annual Hula Hoop Contest!
What to bring: a blanket or a chair. Water/snacks for morning activities. Hula hoops available. You can even buy one - locally made!