Fall Play Day at the Heart K
Join us for a fun play day at the Heart K Ranch in beautiful Genesee Valley. The fall play day this year will feature a mountain bike ride, a volunteer experience on the land, a tour, the second annual hula-hoop contest, and a delicious local food BBQ! Register here.
Saturday, October 11, 2014, 9:00a-4:00p
There are lots of ways to participate:
- 9a-12:30 Volunteer on the Land: You can help restore the historic granary building or help clean up forest fuels (take home free firewood!). Check out the video with Nils Lunder below.
- 9a-12:30 Mountain bike ride (click here for details): Enjoy a scenic mountain bike ride led by Genesee resident and outdoor enthusiast Dana Fenimore (all levels).
- 9a-12:30 Talk & Tour: Bicycle from site to site and learn about sustainable ag, healthy forests, and Maidu land management
- 12:30-4p No-host Bar with the Brewing Lair of the Lost Sierra
- 12:30-1:30p BBQ Lunch $20 if you register by Oct 7; $25 at event. $10 students (Kids 10 and under free!).
- 1:30 - 4p Silent Auction, Socializing and 2nd Annual Hula Hoop Contest!
What to bring: a blanket or a chair. Your bike (we'll have some available to borrow). Water/snacks for morning activities. Hula hoops available. You can even buy one - locally made!