Treasures of the Heart K
You are invited to the Heart K Ranch--a truly special place. Come visit the 900-acre historic ranch in Genesee Valley for a Maidu perspective nature hike, a country-style yard sale, festive music, and more. From black oak woodlands to big red barns and stunning vistas, this Lost Sierra treasure is not to be missed. Please register for the hike, lunch and/or booth. Lunch by June23
Online registration is closed but please feel free to join us for the hike, music, upscale lawn sale and history walk. Only a few lunches remain for sale so we recommend you pick something up in Taylorsville or pack your own. See you tomorrow.
Event Details: The event starts at 10am and goes until the late afternoon. Come for an hour or two or stay all day! Proceeds from the event benefit the ongoing stewardship of the Heart K Ranch and the restoration of the Davis House. A carved chest by Mavis Somers will be raffled the day of the event.
- 10am: Hike with Trina Cunningham, experience the Heart K from the Maidu perspective-by donation.
- 2pm: History Tour with Betsy Kraemer, barns, the big house, granaries and more
- 12pm-4pm: Upscale lawn sale, have goods to sell? Register for a free booth or call Betsy at 284-6054.
- 1pm - 2pm: Local lunch-Brief presentation about the Land Trust and innovative stewardship on the Ranch
- 2pm -4pm: Music and good company